Banana Bread Recipe
I had this banana bread craving, and I discovered a bunch of really overripe, squishy bananas, so I got a-baking. The aroma of the bread as it baked was so comforting. I served it with hot, black, unsweetened coffee and banana split ice cream. I know it’s a weird and yummy combo, but I hope you’ll enjoy baking this as much as I did.
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups sweetened or unsweetened yogurt
7 overripe, blackened bananas (the best, really)
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
8×5 inch loaf pan
- Preheat your oven to 150°C-160° (300°F-320°F) or gas mark 2-3, depending on oven intensity.
- Blend 5 bananas together with the yogurt, mash the remaining 2 and set aside.
- Sift flour with baking powder and set aside.
- In your mixer, cream your butter together with the vanilla essence for 5 minutes.
- With the mixer still running on low speed, add sugar to the butter.
- Increase speed and allow to cream for 10 minutes, pausing at intervals to scrape down the sides.
- Add your eggs, one at a time, till well mixed.
- Add mashed bananas to mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the yoghurt mixture, mixing thoroughly after each addition, and ending with flour.
- Pour mixture into your greased and dusted loaf pan, allow to bake in oven for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Remove bread from pan onto a cooling rack or a serving plate.
- Slice and serve.