Crispy Beef Recipe
Whenever I go to a Chinese restaurant and I see crispy beef on their menu, I immediately get excited like a child in a candy store. Unfortunately, I don’t get to eat Chinese food often even though it is one of my favourite international cuisines.
- 1kg fillet/steak
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1tsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp hoisin
- 1tsp vegetable oil
- Thumb-sized ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- Cut fillet or steak into really thin pieces as shown above.
- Evenly coat fillet pieces with cornstarch.
- Heat a wok with some oil and then add well-coated fillet pieces when hot. Fry until crispy.
- Drain crispy beef and leave to cool.
- In a clean wok, add vegetable oil then the diced/minced garlic and ginger. Simmer the garlic and ginger for a few seconds, then add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and brown sugar. Let simmer until bubbly.
- Add in crispy beef and coat well in the sauce for a few seconds before taking off heat.
- Enjoy with rice or by itself.