Crispy Beef Recipe
Whenever I go to a Chinese restaurant and I see crispy beef on their menu, I immediately get excited like a child in a candy store. Unfortunately, I don’t get to eat Chinese food often even though it is one of my favourite international cuisines.
1/2 cup of cornstarch
Oil for frying
1 tbsp soy sauce
1tsp brown sugar
1tsp vegetable oil
1 garlic clove
1. Cut fillet/ steak into really thin pieces as shown above.
2. Evenly coat fillet pieces with cornstarch.
3. Heat a wok with some oil and then add well-coated fillet pieces when hot. Fry until crispy.
4. Drain crispy beef and leave to cool.
5. In a clean wok, add vegetable oil then the diced/minced garlic and ginger. Simmer the garlic and ginger for a few seconds, then add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and brown sugar. Let simmer until bubbly.
6. Add in crispy beef and coat well in the sauce for a few seconds before taking off heat.
7. Enjoy with rice or alone.