Oreo Cookie Cupcakes With Cookies ‘N’ Cream Frosting
Cupcakes are little cups of pure, undiluted soft, fluffy happiness. Happiness is sinking your teeth into a soft, scrumptious cupcake and being surprised by bits and pieces of crunchy Oreo cookies. These cupcakes are to die for. (You will not die in Jesus’ name) They are even more awesome when topped with cookies and cream frosting or ice cream. Pair this cupcake with black coffee and you will never forget that moment.
250g unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
11/2 cups full cream milk
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons vanilla
18 Oreo cookies
3 cups whipped cream
1 cup icing sugar
1-tablespoon vanilla essence
6 Oreo cookies
Things you’ll need
Electric mixer or a wide bowl and wooden spatula
One or two 12-hole deep cupcake pans
Cupcake paper liners
- Preheat your oven to 150°C-160° (300°F-320°F) or gas mark 2-3, depending on how intense your oven is.
- Place Oreo cookies in a Ziploc bag and crush them into little pieces. Set aside.
- Place your cupcake paper liners into your pan.
- Lightly beat your eggs and place aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together, and then keep aside.
- Add butter, sugar and vanilla essence into a bowl.
- Cream together this mixture for 15 minutes on high speed, pausing at intervals to scrape down the sides.
- Allow to cream till mixture is pale white.
- If you’re creaming by hand, cream mixture until it’s pale white and slides off the spatula before the count of 5.
- With the mixer still running this time on a low speed, gently add your beaten eggs to the creamed mixture.
- Mix properly for 2 minutes.
- At this point, I like to mix by hand, so detach the mixing bowl from the mixer and pick up your spatula.
- Divide your flour into 3 parts.
- Alternately add the flour mixture in 3 additions and milk in 2 additions, begin and end with flour.
- Add crushed Oreo cookies into the bater.
- Using a tablespoon, add 2 generously heaped spoons of batter to each case. It will be approximately just over half full.
- You could also sprinkle some of the cookies on the top of the unbaked cupcakes before baking.
- Place pan the preheated oven and bake cupcakes until they are lightly golden on top, and a toothpick inserted comes out dry 15 – 20 minutes later.
- Remove from oven, and then take out cupcakes from mold and leave to cool.
- Pour cold whipped cream into mixing bowl.
- Beat on medium speed till soft peaks begin to form.
- Gently pour in icing sugar and vanilla essence.
- Increase the speed to high, and allow to whip for 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Detach bowl, pour in crushed cookies and mix in by hand. Spoon on to cupcakes.