Fried Coleslaw: A Deliciously Healthy Low-Carb Meal
Low carb diets increase satisfaction, therefore helping you reduce food cravings and stay fit. They have a lot of benefits, some of which include:
- Lowered blood pressure.
- Effective treatment against metabolic syndrome.
- Therapeutic benefits for several brain disorders.
- Reduction of triglycerides or fat molecules.
- Weight loss.
- Lowered appetite.
With all these benefits low carb diets promise, it is no wonder that it has been attracting more media attention of late. From high fat, low carb, low protein Keto Nigerians to the low-carb believers, everyone is trying to eat fewer carbs, especially from grains.
Eating fewer carbs is something you should definitely apply to your diet, as most of our traditional meals are carb-heavy. A low carb diet naturally forces you to focus more on healthy vegetables while curbing grain intake.
This fried coleslaw is a meal you will not regret trying, whether trying out a low carb diet or looking for tasty meals to complement your healthy lifestyle.
- 800g minced beef or turkey
- 1 tsp each of ginger, pepper flakes, garlic, curry, thyme and onion
- Salt, to taste
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 12 cups slaw mix (red cabbage, green cabbage and carrot)
- Season minced meat with spices and salt and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add seasoned minced meat and cook until browned.
- Add onions. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes until fragrant and translucent.
- Add in slaw mix. Stir-fry for five more minutes. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Serve for lunch or supper.