Brief Profile On Kaffy As She Turns 36!
We celebrate a passionate dancer to reckon wit, as she turns a year older today!
Kafayat Oluwatoyin Shafau, aka ‘Kaffy’, who hails from the mega city of Lagos and has a great passion for setting a goal and seeing it through. This singular act of dancing has led her to be a very influential figure among the youth in the country such that when one thinks about the rise of contemporary and hip hop dance in Nigeria in the past decade, the name ‘Kaffy’ comes to mind. She has been widely credited as Nigeria’s foremost dancer and choreographer for music videos and all.
The happily married mother of two is an influential dance instructor as well as a fitness coach. For years, she has earned her respect for acrobatic dancing with a great level of stamina to it as she goes about her business on stage.
Kaffy is proudly the founder and owner of Imagneto Dance Company, an institution that has helped groomed young talents within and outside Nigeria. This is further proof that the dance coach is not resting on her oars in influencing young people to become talent owners in the entertainment line as she has become.
Let’s reminisce on a few of her achievements over the years;
– In 2006 she broke a Guinness World Records for the longest dance party ever at the Nokia Silverbird danceathon. The talented dancer led her team on a dance show that lasted 55 hours, 40 minutes on stage. Wow!
– She was one of the judges for ‘Malta Guinness Street Dance Africa, a reality TV dance show.
– Kaffy was also a faculty member for MTN’s Project Fame West Africa]
– Dance with Peter reality TV show – featured dance queen Kaffy, Peter Okoye from PSquare and the man of moves, Donflexx. All three as Judges in the time and Faculty Instructors for the talent hunt show.
– Not to mention her fitness instruction for 9ja Dance Burnout and Ijoda 9ja Dance Burnout respectively; the dance artist has also featured in award-winning musical videos for artistes such as Seyi Shay, D’banj, P-Square Lexy Doo, Ruggedman, Ayuba and some other international top acts to mention but a few.
She is credited as one of the people that commercialised contemporary dance in Nigeria as dance was just becoming known and seen as a valuable commodity for the music scene.
Honour is given to whom it is due. Kaffy has earned that honour with her impeccable influence in the entertainment industry with regards to dance.
To celebrate her day Kaffy took to Instagram and graced us with this flawless photo.
I thank God for another year. I thank God for another opportunity to look at the world ahead of me stoop,project,focus,aim and conquer!! I thank God for sustaining my life ,giving me more opportunities to make other lives appreciate HIS presence, HIS power and Essence. My life is a testimony of Gods grace as every step of my existence has HIS imprint. Here I am everyone I celebrate with you the day God gave me as a gift to humanity and thats what we all are We are precious in His Sight. #HappyBday to me and all born in this great month of June.”
Happy birthday Kaffy, it’s a glorious year ahead for you, as we wish you many many more accomplishments in the years to come!
Watch Kaffy Imagneto’s performance on mtnprojectfame season 6 reality show below: