How To Make A Nigerian Club Sandwich
Club sandwiches are eaten a lot in Nigeria, even though it was not originally from here. We have taken this sandwich and made many variants of it.
Club sandwiches are served in hotels or on flights, but you can easily make them at home by yourself. You can eat this for breakfast, as a snack with your favourite drink, or pack it up for your kids to munch at school.
Recipe serves one.
- 4 or more slices of bread (with crust cut off – optional)
- 2 hardboiled eggs – chopped
- 1 fresh tomato – deseeded and chopped
- 1 medium carrot – grated
- Quarter of a small cabbage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Sardine
How to prepare Club Sandwich
- Mix mayonnaise, vegetables and eggs together. Set aside.
- In another plate, mash the sardines well and mix with butter to help mask the strong smell.
- Spread the sardine mix on one side of bread and cover with another slice of bread. On the next side, spread the mayonnaise mix. Repeat with the other slices until you have stacked all four slices of bread with these delicious fillings.
- Cut your sandwich into your desired shape.