Catholics seek release of abducted sisters
Martins, at a news conference in Lagos yesterday said it was dangerous for the sisters, being women, to still be in the hands of their captors after 48 days.
According to a News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) report, three reverend sisters and three aspirants were kidnapped by gunmen on November 14 from the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus Convent in Iguoriakhi in Edo State.
The archbishop condemned the increasing spate of kidnapping in the country.
“Today is the 48th day that the sisters have been in the hands of the kidnappers. It has been a big source of worry and concern knowing that they are women,” Martins said.
He said that the Benin archdiocese had been making efforts in collaboration with the security agencies in the state and the country as well as the state government to secure their release.
“It is really disheartening that in spite of all these efforts, the sisters are still there in bondage”.
No Comments yet