Metro  

Parents helpless as Igbonla pupils mark 41 days with kidnappers 

Parents of the kidnapped students

Parents of the six pupils kidnapped from Lagos State Model College, Igbonla in Epe have resigned to fate following their wards’ continued detention.

The parents, who now see updates on the state of affairs about their children from the media, wondered the source of the news, since the kidnappers had stopped communicating with them.

Yusuf Farouk, Ramon Isiaka, Pelumi Philips, Peter Jonas, Adebanjo George and Judah Agbaosi were whisked away from their hostels – Yellow and Green houses – on May 25, by gunmen clad in police uniform.

Despite N10 million ransom raised by the parents and paid to the kidnappers, the criminals have continued to detain the pupils.

Three of the parents in separate interviews with newsmen said they were disturbed by reports that the kidnappers said they would not release their children. They said the kidnappers have remained incommunicado for several weeks, adding that they are all confused and tired.

One said: “We have not heard anything from the kidnappers since they collected the N10 million and told us to go and get more money. They have stopped contacting us since then. I do not know where those who reported that the kidnappers have threatened to relocate our children to Niger Delta got their information.

“I think the police should invite them for questioning. Maybe, they are in touch with the kidnappers. I read it online that the kidnappers said they would not release our children; that the police were after them and so, they are using the children as shield and will move them to Niger Delta. We all are tired. It is over 40 days now and we do not even know what is happening to the children. We have prayed, consulted and now, we are only waiting. We hope that our children’s case does not turn to another Chibok Girls.”



No Comments yet

Related