Presidential panel indicts 300 firms, serving, retired military officers
• N7b recovered, N41 billion to be refunded
• Further investigations by EFCC, others on N75 billion
Not less than 300 companies in the country, prominent individuals, serving and retired military officers have been indicted by the committee set up to reform and clean up the use of public funds in the office of the National Security Adviser.
According to a statement yesterday, which was first aired on the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Network News, the committee said over N7 billion has already been recovered by the committee while another N41 billion is to be refunded by the indicted individuals and companies.
It stated that further investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and other investigating bodies will be carried out to determine whether another N75 billion payments made by the Office of the Former National Security Adviser is to be returned to the government.
It would be recalled that over two months ago, over 300 companies, individuals and organisations were summoned to appear before the Office of National Security Adviser (ONSA) over contracts awarded by the office between 2011 and 2015.
In a newspaper advertorial, they were compelled appear before the ONSA’s Contracts’ Verification Committee between January 12 and 26.
They were asked to come with certificate of incorporation, particulars of directors, company tax clearance certificates and directors’ from 2011 to date, letter of award of contracts, evidence of payment so far, outstanding balance and any other documents considered relevant to the contract, such as certified bank statements.
But it was not clear last night in Abuja if those mentioned in the advertorial were among the indicted. But the list included traditional rulers, and other prominent individuals who were not mentioned by name. Foreign companies were also listed.
In the advertorial, the ONSA said it expected companies that had done contracts with the office but were not on the list to appear before its committee between January 12 and 26.
“The general public is pleased to note that companies or organisations that have received payments from ONSA between 2011 to 2015 which have not appeared before the committee and their names are not reflected in the list above, should please endeavour to appear before the committee anytime within the stated period at the office of the National Security Adviser’s Complex, 3 Arms Zone, Abuja’” it said further.
The companies included Atlas Capital Sa, Autoforms Integrated Enterprises Limited, Autopoietic Telemetric Solutions Limited, Aviation Techni GMBH, Bam Project and Projecties, Baron Limited, Bell Pottinger LLP, and Belley Corporation.
Others are Belsha Nigeria Limited, Bergons Security Consulting & Supply Limited, Bilal Turnkey Contractors Limited, Biodun & Adekunle Idiagbon, Bluenory Limited, Bob Oshodin Org,Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Brains & Hammers Limited, Bureau Securitas Limited, CAE Flight Training LLC and Cardiff Properties Limited.
No Comments yet