APGA denies court order restraining Willie Obiano

Willie Obiano

Anambra State government has affirmed that Governor Willie Obiano remains the authentic standard bearer of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

Reacting to an alleged Federal High Court, Abuja order, Anambra State Legal Adviser, APGA, Mr. Sly Ezeokenwa, yesterday said none was granted restraining Obiano from contesting the November 18 governorship election.

According to him, this is contrary to the story making the rounds in sections of the social media, claiming that the governor had been disqualified.

He said: “One Martin Agbaso had sought an interim injunction vide an originating summons that he filed through an ex-parte motion. However, Justice J.T. Tsoho of the Federal High Court granted only an order on accelerated hearing on the matter, as well as right to substituted service. In the ruling, he unequivocally declined the prayers for an interim injunction.”

Ezeokenwa urged all APGA faithful to disregard the antics of those he called ‘the drowning opposition’, bent on derailing progress recorded by the APGA-led government in the state.

It would be recalled that the Federal High Court in Abuja had fixed November 9 for hearing of the application seeking to stop Obiano from contesting in the election.

Presiding over the case, Justice Tsoho had ordered the serving of court processes on Obiano and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) through newspaper publications and posts on the walls of the Anambra State Liaison Office in Abuja.

While ruling, Tsoho granted the application abridging the time to hear the suit.

The suit was filed by the factional chairman of APGA, Martin Agbaso, against Obiano and INEC.

The judge, however, refused to grant the application seeking to restrain INEC from recognising Obiano as its candidate for the election pending the determination of the motion on notice.



No Comments yet

Related