Baptism of the Holy Spirit
Memory Verse: And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions,” Joel 2:28
Bible Passage: Acts 2:1-21
Introduction: Every believer must be baptised in the Holy Spirit. There is considerable controversy about speaking in tongues. But speaking in tongues puts a person’s baptism beyond doubt. It is the irrefutable evidence of the baptism. The book of Joel tells us of an outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon all flesh, Joel 2:28. Jesus Christ confirmed this in Acts 1:8. The fulfilment came on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:1-4. It can happen anytime. But happen it must.
Baptism in the Holy Spirit is empowerment for effective Christian life and service. It subdues the natural desires and instincts and passions of man and makes the supernatural, attainable.
•Validate your salvation with the baptism of the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:38; 10:44, Gal. 3:2, 5, 14.
• Live a sanctified life, Matt. 5:8; Eph. 4:24.
• Thirst after God’s righteousness, Matthew 5:6.
• Believe that the Holy Spirit is for every believer and for you in particular. Resist the devil and silence his voice, Jn. 8:44, 2 Tim.1: 7, 1Jn. 4:18, Jn.14: 26, Jn.15: 26.
• Surrender absolutely to the Lord Jesus Christ and His word. God gives the Holy Spirit only to those who obey Him wholeheartedly, Acts 5:32.
• Pray earnestly in faith in the settled assurance that our heavenly Father is ready to baptise us in the Holy Spirit, if we ask Him, Lk. 11:11-13, Lk. 18:17, Jam. 1:6.
• The initial evidence of baptism is speaking in tongues or an unknown language, Acts 2:1-4.
• Baptism with the Holy Spirit gives the Christian boldness in every area of life, 2 Tim.1: 7, Acts 4:29, 31, 33, Acts 1:5, 8.
• The Holy Spirit bestows different gifts on believers to change them into vessels unto honour, 1 Cor. 12:4-10.
• Baptism reveals your gifts and actually make them manifest.
• Godliness, Jn.6: 63, 2 Cor.3: 6.
You may not realise the importance of the baptism in The Holy Spirit, until you experience and witness the transformation that follows. Ask for the Holy Spirit baptism from the Father today and He will answer you. Don’t stop asking, Lk. 11:9-13, Matt. 7:7. Ask for frequent in-filling of The Holy Spirit. You will be a special vessel unto honour in the mighty name of Jesus.
No Comments yet