The ten commandments
There’s power in the word of God and in the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow. The word of God carries life, peace, victory and blessing. Anyone who wants peace and favour must follow and obey the commandments given by God to His children. It’s quite surprising today that a lot of Christians regard the commandments of God, especially the Ten Commandments as old. The word of God is not old, it’s new every day.
The Ten Commandments were given to us by God for guidance and for peace to reign in the world. As a child of God, the commandment of God must be obeyed. Jesus is the Word of God and anyone who has truly given his/her life to Christ must obey His Word. You must follow all God’s commandments and not only the ones convenient for you.
If the world follows the commandments of God, there will be peace. But it’s a pity that today; human beings have chosen to follow religion and not the commandments of God. You cannot follow the commandments of God without accepting Jesus Christ into your life. Followers of Jesus do not argue with His commandments, but obey them all.
Commandment One instructed: thou shall have no other gods before me. But in today’s world, people have millions of gods. This is one of the reasons we have violence, unrest, hatred, killing, racism, oppression, cheating and lying in the world. This is because the gods they worship support all these negative characteristics. The only living God is the God, Who sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, Who died for our sins and came to show us the way in order to follow God’s commandments. That’s why Jesus is the only way to God.
Jesus didn’t come to erase the commandments of God, but to show us how to follow them. This can be seen in Matthew 5:17: “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.” That’s why the Bible describes Jesus as the way, the truth and the life: John 14:6.
May the good Lord give you grace to abide and obey God’s commandments, as written in the Bible. When you obey the commandments, you have become a child of God through Jesus Christ. 1 John 5:2-3: “By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God that we keep his commandments and his commandments are not grievous.”
The Ten Commandments: Exodus 20: 3-17
I AM the LORD thy God…
• Thou shall have no other gods before me.
• Thou shall not make unto thee any graven image.
• Thou shall not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain.
• Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
• Honour thy father and thy mother; that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
• Thou shall not kill.
• Thou shall not commit adultery.
• Thou shall not steal.
• Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
• Thou shall not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife nor his manservant nor his maidservant nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that (is) thy neighbour’s. Look at these simple commandments. May the Lord give us the grace to obey and abide. Jesus is Lord.
Apostle Paul Taiwo Adenuga, 203, Idimu Egbeda Road, Faith Bus Stop, Idimu, Lagos. 08033316926
No Comments yet