Top 10 fashion mistakes to avoid
Wearing oversized clothing- now, there is the wrong oversized clothing and the right over-sized clothing. The right over-sized clothing is some of this summer’s top trends such as the bubble skirt, which looks fabulous paired with a tighter fitting top and a high waist belt. Wrong over-sized clothing is just plain wrong: huge knee-reaching t-shirts, baggy pants, you get the point. Make sure you buy clothes that fit you properly.
- Wearing red and green at the same time- Honestly, you will look like a Christmas tree. Red and green are two of the colours that women absolutely must avoid wearing together. These colours completely clash, so just steer clear. Also, it is best to stay away from green and red make-up. If you decide to go for a green eye shadow, don’t put on a bright red lipstick. Instead, opt for a clear gloss or a nude colour.
- Dirty shoes- it would be bad enough if you had shoes that were out of style, or didn’t match with your outfit, but if you have dirty shoes, you’re making a big fashion faux pas. Make sure to keep your shoes in style, according to your outfit, and most importantly, clean!
- Short skirt and short top- if you are going to wear a miniskirt, don’t wear a short top with it. It is one of the worst fashion mistakes you could make because you’ll end up looking trashy. Instead, wear a miniskirt and pair it with a tee that reaches your hipbones. Play it up with a wide belt. If you’re into short tops, just wear jeans and steer clear of short skirts.
- Bulky shoes with feminine dress- A floral, feminine dress should never be paired with bulky shoes such as thick platforms. This kind of dress deserves a pair of soft, delicate shoes. Anything with a small heel and even wedges and espadrilles are just okay.
- Too much jewellery-A pair of embellished earrings, a funky necklace, some bangles, a few rings, maybe a brooch. That is way too much jewellery for you and for your outfit. So if you don’t want to look like an ornament, keep it simple. A thin, fine necklace and a pair of earrings are enough. Or if you decide for a pair of big, adorned earrings, keep it simple by wearing a few rings or a bracelet or two with that, but stay away from the necklace. Just know your limits.
- Wearing fashion that doesn’t suit you- if miniskirts are in, and you don’t have the greatest legs, that’s fine! You don’t have to abide by each and every single fashion trend that comes out. If it is something that doesn’t suit your body type, it is better to stay away from it. After all, most of us aren’t models and a lot of the fashion trends that spring up don’t suit everybody, so be careful what you choose.
- More than one pattern- if you have flowers on your shirt, don’t wear plaid pants, or the other way round. Try to stick with one pattern in your outfit. A pair of plaid pants with a solid coloured top, or a floral shirt with a pair of jeans. Don’t crowd your outfit with patterns. Keep it sweet and simple.
- Sneakers with everything- Sure, we all want to be comfortable in our shoes, but it’s not wise to always wear sneakers with everything from skirts, to jeans, to Capri pants. A lot of people like to wear sneakers with a jean skirt and that is completely fine, as long as you don’t do it all the time. It’s a comfy, sporty look, but you can make it classy and sexy. Instead, wear a pair of wedges or high heels. Don’t always pair your jeans with sneakers: it’s boring, and it’s tasteless. Spice up your outfit with a pair of hot stilettos.
- Don’t indulge- That means don’t overdo sparkles, sequins, or any festive looking articles of clothing. While it is fun to play with different colours, fabrics, and styles, keeping it simple is very important. Wearing too much of a good thing can turn into a fashion disaster. If you’re going to wear a top that has sequins on it, keep it simple everywhere else and don’t embellish your outfit even more.
- Courtesy: Style Tips 101
No comments yet