How To Prepare Carrots and Spinach Soup
Carrots and Spinach are superfoods that contain high amounts of carotenoids which, when in the body converts to vitamin A.
With this recipe, you’d not only be eating a delicious meal but a meal your body will be grateful for. If you are a vegan looking for what to eat, try this soup. Before we get started, cooking carrots and spinach makes its vitamins more absorbable and this includes carotenoids.
Let’s get started:
- Olive oil (If we are going to take Nigeria and its economy into consideration, soy or groundnut will do)
- One bulb of onion
- Three smashed garlic
- Two Spinach leaves
- Black (Cameroon) pepper
- Three finely chopped carrots
- Chicken or turkey broth
- One bay leaf
- Chop your onion, spinach, carrots and bay leaf.
- Heat up your oil
- Put in your chopped onion, and garlic. Stir for one or two minutes
- Add the carrots and pepper. Stir until it starts turning brown
- Add your chicken broth and salt, and leave to boil until the chicken is tender (turn down the heat to low).
- Add your spinach and bay leaf. Leave for about 45 seconds
Some like it hot, some like it cold, whatever you choose is good enough.