Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Rainy weekends are for curling up on the couch with a good book, or your favorite television show with a plate of decadent crunchy chocolate chip cookies… These cookies are quick and easy to bake, plus, they are a perfect gift idea. You don’t even have to bake them all up at once. The dough can be frozen, and baked at any time.
Difficulty level – Very easy
- 1 cup, brown sugar
- 1 cup, white sugar
- 1 cup, melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon, vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cups, all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon, baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups, chocolate chips
Makes 30 cookies
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a deep bowl, mix brown and white sugar.
- Add eggs, whisk. Add butter and vanilla essence. Mix to smooth paste.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon dough into baking tray. Let the cookies be 2 inches apart, as they will spread out in the oven.
- Place in center of the oven, leave to bake for approximately 10-15 minutes. Cookies are done when they are golden brown, and soft to the touch.
- Bring out of oven, and allow to cool as they get crispy when cooled.
- Serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or coffee.
Oh, cookies and warm milk are a match made in heaven! Even better, put them in a box and send as a gift to someone special. The dough can be wrapped in cling film, and frozen for up to a month. Bring it out of the freezer, allow to thaw, and pop them into your oven whenever you want to.
Enjoy. Eat responsibly.
Ugo Chiori has been baking yummy cupcakes and desserts with distinct flavor combinations for well over 6 years. Armed with the freshest and best ingredients, these recipes of hers are a way of giving back to the world in which she’s found culinary satisfaction.