Egg Muffins For Breakfast Anyone?
These are the perfect little dish for a quick delicious brunch. Tender-but-crispy potato baskets topped with a luscious baked egg and sausages in the middle. They go perfectly with toast for a more substantial brunch, or they’re great for a casual breakfast with a piece of bacon.
Recipe yields 12 egg muffins.
- 10 breakfast sausages
- 6 medium potatoes – boiled and shredded
- 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or Non-stick cooking spray
- 12 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare sausages according to the package instructions (fry or boil). Set aside to cool and dice up in pieces.
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt, and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese, and bell pepper. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with chives or onion. Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set.
- Remove cups by running a knife along their edges and Serve.