Eight Unpopular Ways To Use Milk
Popularly, milk is seen as a healthy drink because it contains a high range of nutrients. For a fact, milk’s amazing health benefits include supporting strong bones, and being a good source of vitamins and proteins. But many times, we find it hard adding this health food to our diets.
Here are some tricks and tips on how to make milk a part of your everyday life:
1. At night, you can drink a glass of warm milk to help induce sleep.
2. For baking, replacing water with fresh milk adds richness, tenderness and moisture to bread dough and other baked goods.
3. You can add powdered milk to muffins, bread, pancakes and cookies.
4. Powdered milk mixed into meatloaf, meatballs or casseroles helps hold shape and shape better.
5. For coffee, whip cold milk then warm it in the microwave (in a tall cup) to dollop on top of coffee or hot chocolate for that special café effect.
6. Make a richer and more nutritious hot chocolate from a powdered mix by replacing the water with milk.
7. For homemade soups, you can reduce the amount of water used and add milk to for extra flavour and nutrition. Add it at the end of cooking and make sure you don’t let the soup boil.
8. Chill your glass in the refrigerator or freezer for about 15 minutes before pouring in milk for an extra-frosty drink.