How To Make Coconut Fried Rice
Coconut fried rice is a delicious variation of the basic fried rice. It is very simple and easy to prepare. There isn’t that much of a difference, the only main addition is either coconut milk or coconut shavings. Here is how to prepare this recipe.
- Coconut milk – 2 cups
- water – 2 cups
- Rice – 4 cups
- Maggi – 4 cubes
- Salt- To taste
- Curry and thyme – 1 teaspoon each
- Bay Leaves – 2
- Pepper flakes – 1 tablespoon
- Thyme – another 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 4 Tablespoons
- Onion (chopped) – 1/2 medium
- Mixed vegetables – 2 cups
- Shrimps (optional) – 2 cups
- Place a pot on medium heat, add in the coconut milk, water, salt, curry, thyme, bay leaves and 2 maggi cubes.
- Cover the pot until the mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Add in washed rice.
- Simmer on low-medium heat until rice is cooked and there is no more liquid in the rice.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil.
- Add in the chopped onions, shrimps, pepper flakes, thyme, maggi and mixed vegetable.
- Stir fry for 2- 3 minutes.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Stir in already cooked rice.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning. Stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
Enjoy your meal with fish and plantain.