How To Make Grilled Fish The Nigerian Way
As with most recipes that turn out bomb.com, this grilled fish recipe doesn’t need much. The key to the best tasting meat/fish is to have the right combination of spices soaking in the raw meat/fish for the right amount of time.
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp Cameroon pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Optional: 1 tsp suya spice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tilapia fish
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stock cube
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp curry
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Gut, scale, and clean fish. Pre-set oven to 375F (~190C).
- Combine all the spices and oil and rub over the fish on both sides. Leave to marinate for 1hr or overnight (preferred).
- Place fish on a grill tray and place baking pan under tray to capture any liquid spill.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then switch to broil at 525F (~275C) for 5 minutes.
- Coarsely blend tomatoes, bell pepper, and scotch bonnet pepper.
- Sauté onions in oil over medium heat then add tomato and pepper mix.
- Season with a stock cube, thyme, and curry.
- Fry for 15 minutes and taste for salt. Adjust as needed.
- Spread some on top of fish or serve as a side.