How To Make Nigerian Oil-Less Vegetable Stew
Nothing beats indigenous stew! With this yummy recipe, one gets to enjoy the unique taste of fresh vegetables and other condiments all in one taste.
Nigerian oil-less vegetable stew is a healthier choice of stew to opt for instead of the oil-based stew.
- 1 bunch of spinach or green leaves
- Meat (saki, pomo or beef)
- 1 tsp ground crayfish
- 3 scotch bonnet peppers (ata rodo)
- 3 red bell peppers (tatashe)
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 smoked fish
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Blend the pepper, tomato, ginger, and garlic into a smooth paste.
- Place a pot on heat, then add the paste and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped onions, crayfish, seasoning cube, salt and then stir properly.
- Cover the stew to cook for five minutes. Add the smoked fish, meat(beef, saki and pomo), the chopped spinach. Stir well and cover the pot.
- Allow the vegetable to cook for just 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add the seasoning cube and a little water to the pot if it appears dry. Cook for five minutes and dig into this African delicacy.