How To Make Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake
If you’re looking for something new (and delicious of course) to try out for you and your family, here is a fairly easy breakfast recipe for you to make. It involves eggs, sweet potatoes and a little baking.
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 pound sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh (or can) mushrooms
- 1 cup torn fresh vegetables (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, or to taste
- 1 spring onion stalk, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add sweet potato; cover and cook, stirring occasionally for about 8 to 10 minutes until tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook and stir sausage in the same pan for about 5 minutes until crumbled and browned. Add to the sweet potato in the bowl.
- Cook and stir onion and red bell pepper in the same pan for about 3 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms and torn vegetables; cook for about 3 minutes more or until vegetables soften. Transfer to the bowl.
- Whisk eggs, water, thyme, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Stir into the sausage mixture. Pour into a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until sweet potato starts to brown. Let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with spring onions.
- Serve immediately.