Recipe: Macaroni Jollof With A Coconut Twist
I love eating jollof rice, but variety is also good. Macaroni jollof rice is similar in the sense that it is cooked in the same kind of sauce. I also added a little coconut milk for some kick.
- 1 tbsp curry
- Olive oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 scotch bonnet
- 2 tbsps stock
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 2 cups pasta
- 2 stock cubes
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
- Blend tomatoes, scotch bonnet pepper, bell pepper, and onions together.
- In a clean pot, pour in olive oil, slice in extra onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add in thyme and curry and let sauté for a few seconds. Add in stock and coconut milk and leave to boil for about two minutes before pouring in your tomato blend.
- Leave tomato blend to boil until sauce is thick. Season with stock cubes.
- My stock is usually always well-seasoned, so I only added two stock cubes. Add more to taste if needed.
- Add pasta to the sauce and mix till everything is covered. Add in water and cover to cook until al dente. Do not over stir the pasta.
I served the pasta with some fried goat meat. It was really yummy and quick. Pasta cooks faster than rice, so this dish is definitely an easier route to jollof rice.