Prepare Maryland Chicken with Creamy Gravy With These Steps
Imagine the feeling of sweetness bursting in your mouth, that’s the experience you get from this dish. Let’s just go ahead and cook!
- 4 chicken legs
- 1 cup of Buttermilk (or yoghurt)
- 2 cups of liquid milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups of breadcrumbs
- 2 cups of flour
- A handful of sliced spinach
- 2 cube of seasoning
- 2 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp of margarine
- 1 cup of olive oil
- A pinch of ginger and garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash your chicken legs with salt, carefully removing the bones and fat.
- In a tray, spice chicken with salt, a cube of seasoning, pepper, ginger and garlic powder and mix properly. Spread the buttermilk on the chicken and leave for at least 10 minutes to enable the chicken marinate.
- In a flat plate, break the eggs, add nutmeg, add half of the other cube of seasoning, salt, pepper, sliced spinach and beat. In two other flat plates, pour the flour and breadcrumbs separately.
- Dip your spiced, creamed chicken into first the flour, then the eggs and finally, the breadcrumbs.
- Pour a little of olive oil and a tablespoon of margarine into a frypan and allow to heat. When hot, place your chicken in the oil and fry until brown. Then, grease a pan with oil, place the fried chicken and bake for at least 10 minutes. This is to allow the inside of the chicken cook properly.
- While it bakes, get started on your creamy gravy. In another fry pan, with low heat, add margarine, flour, salt, pepper, and stir until smooth. Add the liquid milk, buttermilk while still stirring. A minute into that, turn off heat and set aside.
- Food is ready. Serve chicken with creamy gravy spread on the chicken.
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421