Treat Yourself To A Tasty “Sidecar”
The Sidecar has a reputation as one of the most unique cocktails ever created. This is because it is very easy to make and unlike most cocktails which are mostly sweet, the Sidecar has a distinct sour yet refreshing taste. To make this lovely cocktail, follow these easy steps:
- 45ml cognac or Armagnac, or bourbon
- 25ml Cointreau orange liqueur
- 25ml lemon juice
- Lemon twist
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
Tip: A classic addition to the Sidecar, which was mentioned in recipes from the early 1930’s, was to rim the glass with sugar. This is a nice contrast to the sour drink.