The Perfect Skincare Routine
My skin can’t make up it’s mind if it’s normal or oily. I have the occasional breakout when my period is near. My skin hates new products so I have to slowly introduce new things, which can takes weeks. My major skin issues are hyperpigmenation under my eyes and around my mouth and acne scars on my cheeks.
This is my current skincare routine:
1. Oil cleansing with a mix of olive oil and olive oil
2. Regular cleansing with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser for all skin types.
3. Lancome Advanced Gentrifique Youth Activating Serum
4. Caudalie Eye and Lip Cream.
5. Gemology Lighting Cream or Avenno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer
1. Remove makeup with baby wipes. My mom sells pampers and baby things so I get any random box of wipes from her.
2. Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser to remove anything dirt or makeup the wipes didn’t get.
3. Elizabeth Arden Skin Illuminating Night Capsules. Not in my regular night cream.
Last words and tips on skincare:
1. Everyone has different skin. Everyone’s skin behaves differently. What ever works for your sister may not work for you. So always test on the inside of your elbow. We don’t want you breaking out with cytic acne
2. READ AND RESEARCH. Always have an open mind and read up about different products and solutions. I found out about oil cleansing that way and it has been doing wonders for me.
3. Just because he cream/serum has a lot of fancy buzz words does not mean it is worth it. Again, this goes back to doing reserch and figuring out what is right for your skin
4. Skincare takes time. It took me about a year to figure what my skin wanted (hydration). Take your time and figure out what your skin wants and needs.
5. Treatment also takes time. Don’t give up after a week of using a product. It usually takes 6 – 12 weeks to see results.
6. If everything fails, go see a doctor. Sometimes, things are a bit deeper and more serious. Go see a dermatologist if you have tired everything and nothing seems to be working.
Deola Adebiyi is the Editor In Chief of Omoge Mura, an online lifestyle magazine. Check omogemura.com for more fashion and beauty tips as well as reviews.