Two children burnt to death in overnight fire in Lagos
It was weeping and wailing on Saturday night as two children of the same parent were burnt to death in a fire outbreak in Ifako Ijaiye area of Lagos, Southwest Nigeria. The incident occurred at No. 2, Bola Oyewo Street, Ifako Ijaiye around 9:00p.m.
It was gathered that the mother of the children had lit a candle at night and went out to plait her hair, leaving the two children aged two and four inside the house sleeping.
The candle fell and caught fire, consuming the sleeping children. Father of the children, in an attempt to rescue them while the inferno was on sustained serious injuries.
Officials of the Lagos State Fire Service and the Lagos State Emergency management Agency, LASEMA, were on ground to put out the fire.
According to an eyewitness, a large crowd gathered at the scene of the inferno to sympathise with family of the victims.
Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe confirmed the incident.
No Comments yet