Niger Assembly asks Bello to publish details of recovered loot
Due to a recent statement by Niger State Governor, Abubakar Sani Bello, which claimed that his government has recovered about N700 million stolen funds from past political office holders in the state, the state House of Assembly has directed him to present full details of monies recovered.
The House also requested that the details must include the names of those who refunded the monies and the exact amount recovered till date.
The Assembly’s directive is sequel to Governor Bello’s admittance last week that his administration had recovered over N700 million from public office holders in ex-Governor Muazu Babangida Aliyu administration.
Chairman of the House Committee on Finance, Abdullahi Mamagi, who made the position of the legislators known on Tuesday, said the decision of the House has become necessary in view of the governor’s recent admittance that some fund had been recovered.
Speaking to journalists, the Deputy State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Tanko Beji, said: “The governor should let the people know those who made the refunds and where the money is being kept or what it has been used for.”
No comments yet