Iwobi hospitalised for food poisoning in Abuja
Super Eagles’ and Arsenal’s striker Alex Iwobi has been hospitalised inAbuja after falling ill from food poisoning after eating salad, Coach Samson Siasia said on Tuesday.
“He suffered from food poisoning and so was not part of the training. But his condition is stable,” Siasia told a news conference.
Iwobi, 19, was too sick to train with the rest of the Super Eagles squad ahead of Friday’s crucial Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Egypt.
His father, Chuka, who flew with him from London, has visited the young striker in hospital.
Over the weekend, Iwobi crowned his first full Arsenal Premier League debut with a goal in a 2-0 win over Everton.
He has played two friendly matches for Nigeria since he changed international allegiance from England.