The war against COVID-19 – Part 2
Essential is the indispensable values worth and role that is needed at critical times, that thing or person offers as a service or duty. Thus, essentials are heads or frontliners in proffering solutions during national crisis. Those on essential duties are never relegated to the background in such situations.
In the book of Deuteronomy 20, God clearly reveals the proper organogram of all those involved in carrying out essential duties during war situations. On top of such lists are the essential duties of the PRIEST (men of God).
Deuteronomy 20: 1-4
 When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the Lord thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
 And it shall be, when ye are come nigh unto the battle, that the priest shall approach and speak unto the people,
 And shall say unto them, Hear, O Israel, ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them;
 For the Lord your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.
They are the indomitable oracle of faith, courage and valour that inspire the army and citizens in confronting a war. They are never cowardly nor fearful.
So the questions worth asking are:
• Where are the priests?
• Where are the voices of priesthood?
• Where are the essential priestly role in battle or wartime?
• Where is the office of the commander of God’s army?
• Where is his leadership role?
• Where is his credible witness that sways, influence and carry the people fearlessly to victory in the battle front?
Thus, such is the head and not the tail, such is above only and not beneath.
Their essential duties include:
• They are the light of the world and
• They are the salt of the earth
Their forbidden and abominable roles are:
• Light under a bushel
• Salt that has lost its savour and saltiness. It is then good for nothing and is cast down on the streets and men tread upon it with their feet.
So, who is shutting down the church of the living God? And who is ordained with the key of David that when he opens the door, no man can shut and when he shuts no man can open? God bless you.
Bishop Dr. S. I. Okelezoh, Ministry Of Perfection Church
No comments yet